Ronald Mascariñas is the President and General Manager of Bounty Agro Ventures, Inc. (BAVI) since 2002.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in Agriculture from the University of the Philippines at Los Baños (UPLB) and his master’s degree in Management from the Asian Institute of Management. He also completed a course from the International Law Institute, Washington DC, on the Rights and Obligations of Developing Countries under the World Trade Organization.
Prior to joining BAVI, Mr. Mascariñas served Pure Foods Corporation for 19 years where he started his career and rose through the ranks to Senior Vice President. He capped his career with Pure Foods Corporation as head of three business units: Poultry, Food Service, and president of the Smokey’s fast food chain.
Mr. Mascariñas is a member of the Makati Business Club, Management Association of the Philippines, Federation of Philippine Industries and the Rotary Club of Nuvali. He is also a frequent speaker and lecturer in various industry associations and universities.
Mr. Mascariñas has been conferred numerous awards:
- Plaque of Excellence from his peers in the industry for his outstanding leadership as President of the Philippine Association of Broiler Integrators.
- Distinguished Alumnus in the field of Entrepreneurship by the UPLB Alumni Association in 2004 and 2019
- Distinguished Alumnus in Entrepreneurship and Employment Creation by the UP Alumni Association in 2019.
- Most Outstanding Professional by Superbrands Marketing International, Inc. in 2014
- Communication and Leadership Award from Toastmasters International in 2015 which is the highest award that Toastmasters can bestow to a non-member.
- Outstanding Leader in Asia by the Asia Corporate Excellence and Sustainability (ACES) Awards in Singapore in 2018
- Circle of Excellence as a Global Filipino Executive in the Asia CEO Awards 2018
- Mentor of the Year in the Asia Leaders Awards in 2019
- Man of the Year in the Poultry Industry in the Asia Leaders Awards in 2019 and 2020
- Leader of the Year Finalist in 2020 from Investors in People UK, a global people management consulting firm.
Mr. Mascariñas is a staunch advocate of love of country and one of the country’s most generous sports patrons.