Arming employees with the latest advice on COVID-19 prevention, Bounty Agro Ventures, Inc. (BAVI) recently held a seminar series conducted by an occupational safety and health consultant at the Department of Labor and Employment.
On October 28, resource speaker Engr. Robin Rubina concluded his series of seminars that started a few weeks back. His presentation covered the timeline of the pandemic in the Philippines, as well as updated lessons in preventing infection.
According to Safety Officer Engr. Young Sunday Domingo, the cascade was an opportunity for BAVI employees to get definitive guidelines regarding the virus.
According to the World Health Organization, here are the most important things everyone must remember to avoid COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times. Keep at least one-meter distance from the people around you. (One meter is about the length of a big grocery cart.)
- Maintain good hygiene. Take a bath daily, brush your teeth regularly, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. These are the areas where virus can enter your body.
- Wear a proper mask at all times, especially when physical distancing is not possible.
- Always wear a face shield to further protect yourself.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating well and doing physical exercise.
- As much as possible, stay home and only go out when necessary.
- If you have a fever, cough, or breathing difficulties, isolate yourself and seek medical attention.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources.